Deadline: October 15, 2020
Applications are open for the Goethe-Institut International Coproduction Fund 2021. This funding is intended for coproductions by artists in the fields of theatre, dance, music and performance art, in which hybrid and interdisciplinary formats and the use of digital media may be key components. The target group comprises professional artists and ensembles abroad and in Germany, which demonstrably lack sufficient resources to realize their coproduction project on their own.
With the International Coproduction Fund the Goethe-Institut would like to support the unrestricted international and intercultural exchange of artists and their ideas. The facilitation of such an exchange and the networking it spawns among the various players are equally as important as the productions resulting from the project.
The International Coproduction Fund promotes projects of a high artistic calibre and with considerable public impact. The results of the collaborative efforts are to be presented in a professional setting abroad, if possible also in Germany. An application should include a feasible financial plan which, in addition to third-party funding, should show the substantial contributions of all the project partners involved. The amount of funding requested should not exceed €25,000.
The Goethe-Institut’s Culture Department is responsible for administering the International Coproduction Fund.
The amount of funding requested should not exceed €25,000.
- The application must be jointly submitted with a foreign partner, and must show that a good working relationship already exists and that both parties are interested in building a joint production together
- The projects submitted should embrace only the performing arts (no outright film or exhibition projects)
- Expected artistic quality of the project
- Relevance of the participating artists in their respective scenes
- Budget indicating project partners’ own contributions / third party funds and a solid financial plan
- A balanced project partnership based on the artistic collaboration, not dominated by one partner
- Realisation of at least one performance outside Germany, if possible also one in Germany
- Projects between German and non-European partners, especially from transition countries, will be preferred (applications from Austria and Switzerland cannot be considered)
- Applications for guest performance funding are not valid
For projects with START in:
- 2021: October 15, 2020 as well as April 15, 2021
- 2022: October 15, 2021 as well as April 15, 2022
Applications to the International Coproduction Fund are made by electronic means using an online form. The application form is only available in English and applications can only be submitted in English.
This blank application form will give you an overview of the structure of the online form.
For more information, visit Goethe-Institut.