- Abidjan, CI
- Abu Dhabi, AE
- Dakar, SN
- Dar Es Salaam, TZ
- Global, Global (multi-location)
- Kigali, RW
- Lagos, NG
- Mumbai, IN
- Nairobi, KE
- New Delhi, IN
Closing Date: 15 Jan 2021
MAXIMIZE YOUR POTENTIAL. TACKLE THE WORLD’S TOUGHEST PROBLEMS.
BUILD EXPERTISE IN AREAS THAT MATTER TO YOU. BECOME A GLOBAL DEVELOPMENT LEADER.
We are a global group working to build a more inclusive and sustainable world where all people, everywhere, can reach their fullest potential. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world, providing an innovative mix of advisory, investment, research, analytics, and design services. Today’s complex global problems require new solutions. Comprised of Dalberg Advisors, Dalberg Design, Dalberg Data Insights, Dalberg Media and Dalberg Research; our businesses approach problems differently and work together to create impact at scale. We are from everywhere, at home anywhere – an African and American company as much as an Asian, Middle Eastern, and European one.
Dalberg is a place where a diverse mix of talented individuals are able to bring their authentic selves to work – whether it’s how you identify, where you come from, the languages you speak, the person you love, the way you worship. Dalberg is a home where people feel safe, understood, nurtured and encouraged to grow.
As a team of 450+ people from 50 countries, speaking over 90 languages collectively, with 40%+ female leadership team, Dalberg places diversity, equity and inclusion principles at the heart of our organization and the work we do alongside our clients, partners and communities.
Established in 2001 by experienced private sector consultants, Dalberg operates from 29 worldwide locations. For more information, please visit Dalberg.
You aspire to become a leader in global development by tackling global issues, from malnutrition to climate change to economic inequality, ensuring no population is left behind. You enjoy working hard and collaborating with teams while traveling and working across continents and cultures. You are a problem-solver and excel at clear strategic thinking and quantitative and qualitative analysis, and you want to hone these skills and put them to work – transforming organizations, advising investors, and shaping new initiatives. You are an entrepreneur that is ready to jump in and help us take our firm to the next level. You have been a top performer in your previous career. You are passionate about development.
Dalberg Advisors combines ground-level insight – anchored by our offices around the globe – with high-quality strategic advice from our staff, who have experience at top-tier professional services firms, leading academic institutions and high-impact start-ups and social enterprises. Together, we create actionable solutions to the world’s most pressing issues.
- Full-time graduate student getting an MBA, MPA, MPP, and/or other similar degree with an expected graduation date of May/June 2022, or May/June 2021 for one-year graduate programs
- Excellent academic record
- Experience working in a leading international management consultancy firm, financial services firm or similar type of private sector experience; or, experience working in a strategic role for a high-performing social or public-sector organization
- Strong analytical abilities, both quantitative and qualitative
- Ability to present information in an insightful and structured manner, both written and oral
- Demonstrated ability to bring big ideas to life, build impact-oriented enterprises, and lead teams to accomplish ambitious goals
- Understanding of the political and cultural environments of international organizations or environments
- In addition, if you have skills or abilities in the following areas, please be sure to let us know in your application:
- Fluency in foreign languages (French required for our Paris and Francophone Africa locations; Arabic is a plus for Abu Dhabi especially)
- Experience with financial analysis and/or statistics
- Demonstrated ability to innovate new programs, ideas or initiative
WHAT YOU WILL DO AND HOW YOU WILL GROW
You will drive the creation of innovative and results-oriented solutions for Dalberg’s clients – helping us change the development landscape around the world. Dalberg Fellows take ownership of key aspects of the client’s challenges, initiate critical and creative thinking on these strategic issues, lead research and complicated analyses and contribute to developing our relationships with clients. Our recent Dalberg Fellows have explored impact investing opportunities in South Asia, designed innovative financing mechanisms for small holder farmers, created strategies for more environmentally friendly cities in Latin America and engaged major corporations on regional development issues.
Dalberg is a platform for change. Our staff is empowered to start new programs, institute best practices, and develop traditions that will define the Dalberg experience for years to come. Innovation and entrepreneurship are not only valued at Dalberg; they are essential to our success. In addition to providing training, management-level advising, and mentoring, we empower Dalberg Fellows to learn by doing, engaging them as full members of project teams from day one.
The Dalberg Consulting Fellowship Program, which is 10-12 weeks long, is the primary path to full-time employment for Consulting Fellows at Dalberg Advisors. As a Fellow, you will get the opportunity to better understand what it would be like to work at Dalberg full time, and we will have the opportunity to get to know you. Fellows will be considered for full-time offers to join the firm after graduation. Please note that applicants must be enrolled in a full-time graduate school program with an expected graduation date of May/June 2022 or May/June 2021 for one-year graduate programs.
ABOUT OUR CLIENTS
Our clients come to us with some of the most difficult global problems, seeking solutions where the obvious ones have failed. We are entrepreneurs and innovators, designers and creative problem solvers, thinkers, and doers who supply new ideas, drawing from a deep base of knowledge that cuts across sectors and geographies and is growing every day. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world. Some of our recent clients include foundations such as the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, corporations such as Pepsi and Vodafone, multilateral institutions such as the World Bank and UNICEF government agencies such as DFID and the Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency, and grassroots organizations and non-profits such as Sesame Workshop.
JOIN OUR TEAM
Our current opportunities are in Abidjan, Abu Dhabi, Dakar, Dar es Salaam, Kigali, Lagos, Mumbai, Nairobi, and New Delhi.
Please submit your application at our Career Centre, by 11:59 EST on January 15, 2021.
In your cover letter, please list up to 3 offices – only for locations where the position is open – where you hope to work and to be considered for a full-time position, in order of preference. When considering location preferences: if extended an offer for full-time employment after graduation, Fellows will be offered a role in the office they were based only. Remember: full-time employment in all the Dalberg offices is conditional on the candidate having the requisite authorization to live and work in that country.
Your application should include a resume noting current GMAT and / or GRE scores as applicable, cover letter, and a written response (limited to 500 words) that answers ONE of the following questions. The intention of this writing exercise is for us to get a sense of your writing style, as well as what most excites you. Please note that this written response should not require any additional research or preparation and should not take you more than one hour to complete.
- What is one business solution to poverty that you think could help improve development outcomes?
- How can an effective, innovative solution from a developing country context be scaled to additional regions/countries to improve standards of living?
- Is international development dead or alive? Why?
- Describe a specific instance where you had to overcome a challenge to achieve your personal or professional goals. What have you learned from this, etc.?
Candidate applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Candidates selected for interviews will be invited to interview by phone in the first round. Interviews will test consulting skills through case questions and discuss the candidate’s interests and experience. All candidates will be contacted in February if they are selected to interview.
- Students graduating in 2021 or 2022 who are interested in and eligible for a full-time role in our African, Americas, Asian, Europe or MENA offices should apply directly through Dalberg’s career website to open positions.
- Candidates are requested to apply to only one opportunity, which best fits their background and interest.
- Employment in all the Dalberg locations is conditional on the candidate having the requisite authorization to live and work in that country. Our Abidjan, Abu Dhabi, Dakar, Kigali, Mumbai, and New Delhi locations provide sponsorship. In Dar es Salaam, Lagos, and Nairobi we are not able to provide sponsorship, so local nationality or an existing long-term work permit is required.